Uprzejmie informujemy i zapraszamy do udziału Członków Izby w seminariach organizowanych przez RIMA.
Robotic-Enabled Facilities Seminar
February 24 & 25, 2021
8:00 AM – 12:00 PM (CST)
Open to the public:
February 24, 2021; 8:00 AM – 10:45 AM
As new technologies and robotic solutions emerge, how will facilities of the future look? The seminar “Robotic-Enabled Facilities” addresses a cross section of topics, from robotic certifications and process automation to embedding robotics into routine operations and contributing to the industrial workforce of the future.
Following the success of last year’s seminar, the SPRINT Robotics Collaborative is organizing the second edition of “Robotic-Enabled Facilities” this February. The seminar will be a virtual event spread over two half-day sessions. New to the seminar is this year: one segment of the program will be open for the general public to attend. All other sessions will be exclusively for SPRINT Robotics member companies.
Design. Operate. Maintain.
The “Robotic-Enabled Facilities” Seminar focuses on the practical implementation of robotic technology deployment with the use of enhanced facility design, operation and/or maintenance.
The program topics include:
Economics: Cultural shifts for adoption, system changes, Use cases/business value/work process
Improved Reliability: Process management
Precedents for the use of Robotic Technology: Plant layout, spacing, access, component design modifications, power and communications, instrumentation and command, changes to standards
Delivering Next-Generation Structures: Building a facility of the future using modular design
Facility Design: Enhancements desired by robotic technology developers and service providers
Similar to last year, participants of the seminar will hear presentations from experts at asset owner & operator companies as well as Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) companies leading digital transformation. In addition this year, class societies, regulators, and code and standards representatives will also be in attendance. Interactive panel sessions will be interspersed throughout the program and each day will conclude with a general wrap-up session. We will be releasing detailed information about the speakers and presentations at the end of this month.
Robotic-Enabled Facilities Seminar Program
DAY 1: February 24, 2021
08:00 AM – 10:45 AM
open to the public
Keynote speaker: Rami Jabari, ExxonMobil – “Robotic Systems Enabling Unattended and Autonomous Operations”
Justin Dickman, UL – “Understanding Robotic Equipment Certification”
Christi Thoms-Knox & Colin Mcintyre, Bechtel – “Partnering with Customers to Deliver Intelligent, Business Ready Facilities”
Jim Purvis & Chris Jansen, Worley & Advisian – “How to Design a Vessel for Robots – CAROL Case Study”
exclusively for SPRINT Robotics member companies
Adam Serblowski, Shell – “Embedding Robotics into Daily Operations”
Penny Chen, Yokogawa – “Enabling Large Deployment of Robots at Industrial Facilities”
-- -- --
Funding Opportunity for Robotics SMEs
RIMA Brokerage Event: New funding opportunity for SMEs within robotics/drones in inspection and maintenance
The RIMA network has in total 8 mill EUR to support European companies in developing and demonstrating new robotics (and drone) technologies within inspection and maintenance. The objective of this brokerage event is to introduce end user challenges, explain how SMEs can benefit from the up-to 150k EUR per consortium opportunity offered by RIMA in a second call for proposals which opened December 2020.
During this event, we would also like to offer you the opportunity to pitch your ideas for possible proposals. This might help you in forming a consortium! You will also have a chance to network with participants.
13.30 Welcome and introduction to RIMA
13.40 RIMA 2nd Open Call Presentation
13.55 Challenges in Water Domain by Andrea Rubini, Water Europe
14.05 Challenges in Nuclear Domain by Nathan Paterson, FORATOM
14.15 Challenges in Transport Routes and Buildings by Thierry Goger, FEHRL
15.00 Close of Event
What is the second RIMA call for proposals?
RIMA will support Robotics Innovation Experiments (RIE) which includes developing, testing and validating the technical and economic viability of a robotic system prototype to be demonstrated in an operational environment.
There are several good reasons why SMEs or slightly bigger companies (up to 2x the size of a SME) should apply to the 2nd call:
- If you are a Technology Developer you have the opportunity to bring your innovative technology closer to the market (from TRL 5 to 7),
- If you are a Services/Product Provider in the field of Inspection and Maintenance for Infrastructures you can develop new products or services or to innovate the existing ones,
- If you are a System Integrator you have the opportunity to enlarge your application field,
- As a micro-consortium you can receive financial support up to € 150K for innovative proposals,
- You can find complementary companies among Technology Developers, Service/Product Providers and System Integrators to develop your innovative business together,
- The RIMA consortium will assist you free of charge during the execution of your experiment with Technical Services (consultancy, lab facilities etc), Business Services (organisation, finance, ethics, legal etc.) and Mentoring Services to facilitate a smooth path to bring your innovation onto the market.
More information about the call is available at this link.
Why to join the Info session?
This session will guide interested companies towards the application to the call and our intention is to:
- Clarify the RIMA network tasks and the way the RIMA networks aims to support start-ups and SMEs in the I&M field;
- Clarify the purposes of the RIMA call for proposals and explain what the intention with financing experiments is to validate technologies in the I&M sector;
- Clarify the guidelines and the modality for the application to the second RIMA call for proposals.
- You can pitch your idea for a proposal and get others to join your consortium
The deadline to register for a pitch and to provide slides is: 26-02-2021 – 11:30 AM CET. więcej